How I Recover A Password In Quickbooks?
You are logged on as a typical user when you use QuickBooks desktop. QuickBooks Desktop automatically creates the user administrator for you, in addition to the administrator user, you are using another log in credentials that are added by the administrator. Security updates and other unintentional situations may motivate you to reset your password.
This article is about to reset QuickBooks Administrator passwords and other passwords that are related to using QuickBooks Desktop.
Important Password tips to remember
Passwords are case sensitive. Check the Caps lock and Num lock keys. Can be on one (or both), or when you were creating a password
The password cannot contain spaces. Re-enter password without blank space
Use the complex password guidelines when you create a password: at least 7 characters (letters, numbers, special characters), at least 1 number, at least one uppercase letter.
Try to type some text in another program, such as Notepad to make sure your keyboard may not work correctly
You are seeing an incorrect login screen. The login screen is the administrator’s login screen that asks for the password but does not ask for the user name. If the screen appears and you do not have an administrator login, close the Kuricbouk, and then open it again.
The password may actually be blank some users prefer to leave their User administrator passwords blank, or blank. Note: For security reasons, these exercises do not anitrathenia. Try clicking OK on the login screen without entering a password. (When you are more users in the file than the only administrator user, you will find the login screen when the admin password is cleared.
The following solutions apply to resetting the password for both an Admin and a non-Admin QuickBooks user.
IF You know your password and You want to change it, Then
1. Open With your Company File, choose Company > Set Up Users and Passwords > Change Your Password.
2. In the Current Password field, enter your current password.
3. In the New Password field and the Confirm New Password field, enter your new password.
4. Click OK.
IF You have forgotten or lost your password, Then
There are 2 ways to reset your lost or forgotten password:
Reset password using your challenge question
1. In the QuickBooks Desktop login screen, click I forgot my password.
2. Answer the security question and click OK.
3. Click Close when you see this message: “Your password and challenge answer and question have been removed, and your company file is no longer password-protected. When you close this window, you will be asked to create your new password and select and answer your challenge question.”
4. The Change QuickBooks Password window opens. Enter a new password and new challenge question.
5. Click OK. Your will file open.
Reset Admin password using a reset code (Admin only)
Go to the Use the Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop to reset your Admin password.
Important: Please ensure you enter the First and Last Name of the person who originally purchased/activated the product.
Changing another user’s password
Important: Only the QuickBooks Administrator can do this.
1. Log in to the company file as the administrator.
2. Go to the Company menu, click Set Up Users and Passwords, and then click Set Up Users.
3. If prompted, enter your password again.
4. In the User List, select the user whose password you want to change.
5. Click Edit User.
6. Enter the new password, first in the Password field and then in the Confirm Password field.
7. Click Next twice and then click Finish.