While updating a company file to a new version of QuickBooks Desktop, opening a company file over a network, in multi-user mode, or while restoring a backup, you see Error 6123, 0 or Connection to the QuickBooks company file has been lost.
This error is usually caused by one or more of the following:
- Opening your company file in a new version of QuickBooks.
- Host computer with interrupted network connection.
- Firewall settings prevent QuickBooks desktop files from reaching the required port.
- The multiple instances of the QuickBooks database service are running.
- Damaged data or program files of QuickBooks Desktop.
- If the name of the computer where the data file is hosted has been changed, while hosting was on.
- If the McAfee privacy service is selected with Block Web Worms Filter option selected. This filter resists with the QuickBooks desktop.
- You are restoring backups directly from a flash drive or other removable storage device
Your company file is damaged.
- Damaged Windows users
You are using QuickBooks Desktop 2016 and a third party 16 application (eg IDEXX Labs Cornerstone). In this situation, you need to contact the third party software provider to help you, or remove it completely.
QuickBooks Desktop 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018 (Enterprise 15.0, 16.0, 17.0 or 18.0) are experiencing an error while converting the file to QuickBooks Desktop 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 (Enterprise 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, or 9.0). , you can try the following:
• QuickBooks file doc run: Fix your company file or network (US, CA, and UK)
• If you have a computer that has QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011, or 2012 installed, you must reinstall or convert the file to that version before you open the file in the new version of Quickbaks.
• If you do not have QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 installed:
If you are upgrading to the new version of O and QuickBooks Pro or Premier, you can install QuickBooks Account 2010 Trial (US) or QuickBooks Premier 2012 Test (Canada) to convert any QuickBooks Pro or premier files to any new version before you open it. UK customers should contact UK support
O and QuickBooks are upgrading to a new version of Enterprise (US and CA only), you can install QuickBooks Enterprise 12.0 Trial (U.S. or Canada) to convert any QuickBooks Pro, Premier or Enterprise files before you open it in the new version.
• If step upgrade does not work:
I। Old/older of QuickBooks Create a portable company file using the current version
ii। Restart the portable company that you are upgrading to the upgrade of QuickBooks.
• Restore your new version of QuickBooks by using a clean installation, and then try the conversion instantly when you open the program.
Make sure your QuickBooks has the latest updates
Be sure to copy the file locally if you are trying to restore a backup or a portable copy of the file
If you are getting this error when you open A backup (. qbb) file, try creating A portable Copy from the original file
If you are the only user of QuickBooks desktop, make sure that the hosting has been turned off (file > Utilities > to stop stopping multi-user access)
Note: If you see host multi-user access, it only means that the hosting has already been closed.
Restart the computer (reboot) it may be in a conflict that closes a program, the operating system may reload, and you may reinstall the network connection.